Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Announces Strategic Deal to Acquire Solacom Technologies Inc. for $33.0 Million
Mr. Kornberg and Mr. Plangger stated, “We are looking forward to joining forces to serve the growing and important public safety market and, in the interim, we plan no changes in any scheduled or committed rollouts from either company and anticipate honoring all existing agreements with customers, VARs, distributors, OEMs and other strategic partners.”
Key Strategic Benefits for Comtech Include:
- Expands Comtech’s presence in the public safety solutions market, which has a growing need for NG911 systems;
- Enhances Comtech’s relationships with existing customers and allows it to offer an immediate upgrade path to next-generation call handling solutions;
- Brings new relationships with state and local agency customers, as well as certain select international customers; and
- Increases the proportion of Comtech’s annual revenues derived from recurring hosted and maintenance solutions.
About Solacom’s Next Generation 911 Solutions
- Offers best-in-class call handling solution with integrated text-to-and-from 911 on a unified platform;
- Provides flexible user interface, capable of adapting to varying customer environments and preferences;
- Provides powerful call conferencing capabilities and enhanced reporting capabilities; and
- Offers geospatial 911 call display and call control directly from a customized map.
Mr. Plangger, who is currently a large shareholder of Solacom, will continue to serve as CEO and President of Solacom.
The impact of the Solacom acquisition with respect to Comtech’s fiscal
2019 financial guidance will be dependent on the timing of the closing
of the transaction, which is expected to occur sometime during Comtech’s
fiscal quarter ending
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
Solacom’s 911 call handling and management solutions are built on more than 30 years of research and innovation in the application of advanced hardware and software technologies for public safety. Today, Solacom’s Guardian 911 solutions support thousands of agencies affecting millions of lives annually. From dense urban environments to statewide deployments, Solacom solutions are trusted to streamline 911 call handling and management processes and enable more efficient collection of critical information in emergency situations. For more information, visit: www.solacom.com.
Certain information in this press release contains statements that are
forward-looking in nature and involve certain significant risks and
uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from such
Michael D. Porcelain, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer