Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Announces Strategic Acquisition of UHP Networks Inc. for $40.0 Million
Vagan Shakhgildian, President of UHP, said, “I believe this strategic combination with
Key Strategic Benefits for Comtech Include:
- Expands Comtech’s product line in the satellite ground station market, which has a growing need for reliable, high capacity satellite equipment, particularly in the private and high-performance enterprise VSAT market.
Comtechto integrate a revolutionary TDMA technology into Comtech EF Data Corp.’s industry leading HEIGHTSTM platform (which includes our HEIGHTS Dynamic Network Access (“H-DNA”) dynamic Single Carrier per Channel (“dSCPC”) technology).
- Brings new relationships with top tier U.S. mobile network operators, Fortune 500 global companies and international government agencies.
About UHP’s Innovative and Disruptive Satellite Ground Station Technology
- UHP offers several satellite routers which can process up to 450Mbps of aggregate traffic with over 190,000 IP packets per second and have remarkably low TDMA overhead. UHP’s implementation of TDMA technology can result in a 20% efficiency advantage over other TDMA implementations at a much lower cost.
- UHP’s routers are truly universal and can switch on-the-fly between modes using multiple configuration profiles that are built into the device. As such, it enables mobile network operators to expand cell phone service to rural areas with full and highly efficient coverage. UHP’s universal routers can provide for a self-healing architecture, known as Smart RedundancyTM, which we believe is an industry first.
- UHP has recently announced a next-generation, fully backward compatible, wideband platform that has 3x greater capability than its existing systems and which will allow High Throughput Satellite (“HTS”) satellite operators to combine different services and applications in just one carrier.
The purchase agreement for UHP includes the acquisition of a sister company and all of their intellectual property. All employees of UHP are expected to join and remain with the company and Mr.
Certain information in this press release contains statements that are forward-looking in nature and involve certain significant risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from such forward-looking information.
Michael D. Porcelain
Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Comtech Telecommunications Corp.